Saturday, March 28, 2009

The sweetest gesture.

So the past week or so has definitely been trying. and long. I've seen my mom just about every day and she seems to be feeling better. I don't know if it's that she's feeling better or if it's just that she's more used to being the way she is. But either way, she's doing better. Friday was a long day, that's for sure. My mom had an appointment with her doctor at 11 am. and she wanted me to be there to make sure all of her questions got answered and to write down anything she needed to remember to do. There was a HUGE accident on the 210 freeway so the streets and freeways were PACKED. After what felt like an eternity in the car, we got back home to find her cat (who shes had for 14 years) just not doing well at all. It's old and diabetic. It crouches under the bed, pees and craps all over the carpet, and gets insulin shots daily. Anyway, my mom decided that it was time. So we drove it to the vet and said our goodbye's. It was just time. She's taking it surprisingly well. So we ate a quick dinner at BJ's (yum) and then I headed home. Sweet Jesus it took forever to get back to Brea!! I finally arrived at 6:30 and my babes were stoked to see mommy walk through the door. We sat on the grass in the backyard and shared an ice cream sandwich. Ahhh, the good things in life. So then I noticed that on my dining room table was a huge, gorgeous, plentiful bouquet of flowers!! I called the husband to ask about them and apparently I have a stalker.
Okayyyyy, i'm totally lying.
I don't have a stalker, but isn't that just the best attention grabber??
C'mon, it makes for a fabulous story!!
So anyway, it's just the sweetest most thoughtful person ever who wanted me to feel reassured that everything will be okay. If you are reading this, you are so kind and I really want to thank you!!! I don't know who this person is but I definitely have one person in mind. Here's my elimination process:

The sender is A: a girl. Why you may ask? I'm married and knocked up so I don't put out. Therefore, since this person won't be getting in my pants, the sender is definitely female.

The sender is B: a friend from high school. Why? They were sent to Alexi Campos, not Rubalcaba. The blog is titled "the4rubalcabas" but the error was made because this person knows me as Campos. Ha. I'm getting close, I can feel it!!!!

The sender is C: a reader, not a talker. Meaning, it is someone who reads my blog enough to where they caught a recent post, and it is someone who I don't talk to on the phone. If I talked to them on the phone, they would have known over the weekend about the stroke and the flowers would have been sent sooner. But I didn't get the flowers until Friday. However, they were overnighted. So they were sent Thursday. Which means the reader found out about my mom from the blog. Therefore, they are a blogger. You following me here???

The sender is D: Kinda far away. Since the flowers were overnighted, the sender doesn't live all that close.

The sender is E: Clever, but kind. I tried to find out who they were from by calling ProFlowers myself. The anonymous sender commented on my last post telling me that they sent them "anonymously" because, and I quote "it would be more fun that way", "but if it was driving me crazy, they'd tell me who it is". Hmmm. Interesting. This person is cleverly making me wonder, but doesn't want me to go crazy wondering. So they are clever, but still nice.

The sender is F: aware of my address but not my phone number. They were able to send the flowers but couldn't give ProFlowers my phone number... Getting tricky...




Which leads me to only one conclusion........


Dun dun dun.........................


Is


it:


Lyn?????????

Ok, that's my final guess. I'm thinking it's Lyn (Heiden) Anderson. I totally might be wrong. But regardless, that's my guess!!! You're a (SUPER) clever, kind, CHS alumni, blogger chick who lives in Escondido and who doesn't have my phone number (i dont think) but who has my address (i think)......... If I'm right, I love this game. If not, I WILL FIND YOU!!!!!! lol

**sidenote: Lyn if you are reading this, you better give in to my totally random and boring elimination game and come clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, until I know for sure, THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH flower sender!!!!!!!!! I love them!!!!!!


Okay. I think this post proves how much I need sleep. Goodnight.

**EDITORS NOTE**
It's not Lyn. Back to square one. I guess I'm not as bitchin' as I thought. Hmph.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...your sleuthing skills are amazing...but wrong. Good guess though! You were on the right track for awhile! :) Thanks for all the kind words...and I'm glad you liked them. :)

The Sequestered Nook said...

OH man...Alexi! I so wish I could take credit for that...it IS an amazingly sweet gesture! But I'm slow and ahem...a mom with all of my own freakin drama...which has made realize how much those flowers made your day- I should be more thoughtful to people and get outside of my own life! You totally deserve them and I hope you figure it out...I'm really curious now too!

The Sequestered Nook said...

geeze...I did it again with being signed in as another blogger...sorry...that was me again..Lyn

Linky said...

Did you find out who it was?

Laci said...

I'm dying here. You're really going to let it be anonymous? Wow...good for you! I can't take it! So darn curious!!!!!!

Alessandra said...

nope, i never found out!!! i think it might me laura (sprague) hathoway but i honestly don't know... i'll have to update and see if she responds!!! :)

Kinsie said...

do you give up? I'll tell you if you really want to know...I know how curiosity can drive people crazy sometimes! :)

Alessandra said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!! (see comment above yours!!!!) lol you are SUCH A SWEETHEART!!!!!!!!!! it didn't hit me until yesterday when i got an invite from you for a no kiddies night and i was like "omg duhhhh she has my address from (your hubbies) book!!" That was soooo nice of you, thank you so much!! and honestly, they are soooo pretty!! they are still in full bloom and its been a week!! well thank you and since someone got you the hair stuff and you got me the flowers, i gotta pay it forward!! thanks laura!! :)

Kinsie said...

AAAAAH! I forgot to mark that anonymous! I can't believe I did that!! Anyway, you're welcome! :) I'm glad they're still blooming and beautiful...the picture of them when I ordered them looked like a bouquet of butterflies....I'm so glad you like them! And I'm sorry I prematurely ruined the secret! ;)

Laci said...

Dana and I thought it might be Laura...such a sweetie! I'm glad she made the mistake and fessed up! I got that invite too...are you goin?!


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio