Hello friends! It's been WAY too long since we've chatted and I must tell you that I've had good reason. You all know my mom had a stroke but then... dun dun dun... she fell. And broke her foot. Most of you know she's unmarried and I'm an only child (with the exception of a half bro and sis who aren't my moms kids) therefore, who's called on to help? You guessed it, folks. Me. So she came here to stay on April 6. It's been 2 weeks and 3 days. 17 days total. Yup. It hasn't been too bad I suppose. I think we've discovered a new realm of our relationship. I have to add that she's hilariously funny, it's just a lot of work. Between showers and the babies, doctors appointments and making dinner, there's not a whole lot of time for "other things". Then my laptop charger broke so I'm waiting for a new one of those to arrive any day. Then, we went to our 20 week appointment. Yah. So let me give you the good news first: it's a BOY!!! Ok here's the bad news: they said the babies kidneys are twice normal size just like Jakey's were when I was pregnant with him. It looks like he'll need surgery just like Jake had except for the fact that Jake only had his left side affected while this one has both. Also, the doctor thinks he saw a cleft palate. Luckily, he says the lip measures as being completely normal, but there's a small hole in the roof of the babies mouth. We go tomorrow for a 4D ultrasound with Perinatology to confirm if his findings are concrete. I'm really praying it was a shadow. If he does in fact have a cleft palate and two bad kidneys, he'll need surgery on both. Miraculously, I'm doing really well with that news. It was a hard pill to swallow until they started talking syndroms. They want me to have an amnio tomorrow but I'm not convinced. This precious boy is coming either way, so they can run all the tests they want once he's here. Why risk pre-term labor or miscarriage when I'm keeping the pregnancy? Abortion is not an option and I'm not willing to risk his health for "peace of mind" as they call it. I'm putting it all in God's hands and I refuse to worry this pregnancy away. I did with Jake and I felt robbed. He had 2 cysts in the brain and a dilated kidney. Now he's a healthy boy who I can barely keep still. When I look back on my pregnancy with him, my thoughts are not all positive. I don't want to do that this time. I know I had said I didn't want to know what we were having, but the tech saw some problems with the baby and she got the doctor. When he came in, he turned the screen towards me and said "okay here's his head, and his spine..." so right away I knew. I had him confirm that it is in fact a boy, and he apologized for the slip. When he mentioned kidney problems though, I knew. I felt like I needed to know. I needed to know all that I could about the person growing inside of me because he wasn't completely healthy. I needed to know who I was praying for. Sounds cheesy, but that's how it went. Anyway, I've really missed blogging. It's kinda therapeutic I guess. I've slipped in a lot of areas, with bloggin being one of them, but I simply didn't have the time. Hopefully I'll get my charger soon and I can update you all sooner on what happens tomorrow at the 4d. Thank you all for your support and keep thinking about this little bean!!!
xoxo
lex
HigherDOSE Microcurrent Body Sculptor Review
3 days ago


6 comments:
Like I said before...hugs and prayers for your appointment tomorrow! I agree with what you are saying about thinking positive and not focusing on the "what-if's"...All will be okay :)
Wow Alexi...when it rains it pours. I've been "poured" on a lot lately, so I have an idea how it feels to have to deal with multiple life-altering problems...I just keep telling myself that it could always be worse! Even though it sucks, you can get through it! I'll be praying for your little man...and for strength for you to get through this! Does the little man have a name?
You are in need of a day at the spa woman! What a trooper you are Alexi...seriosuly, I've always know you to be a strong woman, but I admire you so much right now! Your love for those around you is so strong and your babies are so lucky to have you as a mommy and your mom is so lucky to have you as a daughter! I'll be keeping your new little guy in prayers!
Good luck today lex!! Good for you for having such a positive attitude! I'll definately be thinking of you and your "little bean" today and praying too! Another boy...YEAAAHHH!!! Now, don't you want a girl so that Ava can have a sissy?!? ha hah ha...kidding!
I'll be praying for that boy insie of you!
Oh my gosh, Lexy! You are the strongest person I know! I will be praying for you and gilbert and the new little ray of sunshine!!
Post a Comment