Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hittin' up the punky patch!! :)

So today Gilbert had to go to the DMV to renew his license... apparently they had our old address (where we lived in 2005) on file so he never got the renewal form and ya. It expired. Anyway, he was off taking care of that so I was trying to think of something I could do with the kids... We are going to a pumpkin decorating shindig tomorrow and I was told to bring a medium sized pumpkin for each of the kids. Being that we don't exactly grow pumpkins in our backyard, we needed to venture out to get some so I decided we'd head off to a pumpkin patch that is right down the street. So I get the babies dressed and just need to dress myself. Just then, Zachary starts to fuss so I decide to just throw on what I wore to Lucille's the previous night: a short sleeved sweater, some black leggings, and some sandals. Perfect. I grab Zac and we're off like a "herd of turtles"... (anyone else's parents use that back in the day??) So we pull up and there's a big sign in the front that says "Not Open Till Noon". It's 10:50. Great. They're already packed up so we can't turn around and head home. They've already eaten so we can't go to breakfast. We can't go to the park or they'll get filthy... hmmmm.... So I remember hearing about a reading thing at the Corona Library for toddlers that starts at 11:20. Perfect! So off we go to the library where they sing songs and read a little book for about 25 minutes. It wasn't all that great, but it did the job of keeping them entertained until 12. (Sidenote: I don't know if any of you know just how hard it is to get 3 kids under 3 in and out of the car, alone, multiple times. Well, take my word for it. It's difficult!) Ok. So we're sitting in the library. Zachary is asleep in the stroller and I'm standing up with the kids, singing, dancing, bending over... you know, acting like a total nutcase being a mom. Just then Zachary's getting fussy again. I take him out of his seat and set him on my lap. I see some fuzz on my leggings and notice the seam. It looks different.... HOLY SHIT. my leggings are on INSIDE OUT!!!! then I start to panic. The leggings are black. Yes, there is a white triangle on the crotch that is FULLY VISIBLE on the outside of my pants along with a tag flapping around on my buttcrack. SOOOO EMBARRASSING. People had been looking at me and smiling. I thought it was because I was the new girl. Oh well. I guess we won't be goin' there again!! :)
So after the library we head off to the pumpkin patch so the kids can pick out their "punky's". I love toddler talk. We spend about an hour there playing, taking pictures, visiting the petting zoo, bouncing in the bounce house, and choosing the pumpkins. The husband ended up meeting us there and we had a fun afternoon before he had to head out to work. Here are some pictures of last year along with some new ones from this year.
(And yes, I knew Ava was going to be in the same dress... It was too big on her last year so I saved it for this year! It's perfect for this time of year! :)






































































1 comments:

Kinsie said...

That cracked me up... it sounds like something I would do!!! Thanks for the laugh :)


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio