Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's been a while...

When I originally decided to start blogging, I thought it would be fun and/or interesting for others to read our blog if I kept up on it daily... oh and that has not been the case!! But let me give you a few reasons as to why... It all started early Saturday morning on Jakes birthday (8-9) when we awoke to the lovely sound of a barfing child. Yes, a full blown barf going on in the middle of our bed. This continued on for 3 days where my poor little birthday boy had diarrhea, a fever, and the barfies. Ugh. So Gilbert had already scheduled his vacation time from work so we decided we had to do something!! So our plans went uninterrupted and early Tuesday morning we set out for San Diego for two days... Jake was feeling much better and everything seemed to go off without a hitch! We went to Sea World for both days and we visited downtown San Diego as well as Coronado Island. It was a lot of fun... a lot of work, but a lot of fun. So we get home Wednesday night and a couple of friends stop by to visit the kids. Thursday we had to get up early to take the kids for their well-baby visits where Jake got a shot and Ava just had to give a little blood to run some normal 9 month tests... May I please add that our little fat girl weighs 25.8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow!! Jake just broke even at 30lbs and he's 2!!! Anyway, so she's not on the percentile chart at all and he's in the 80%... good news all the way around! So Friday rolls around and my Ava is sick as a dog!! She's vomiting, fever, sicky poop, the whole shabang!! So Friday night Gilberts at work and it's around midnight... Ava is attempting to vomit (yet again) but it's this thick, disgusting flemmy mess that she can't get out on her own... she was gagging and trying to swallow, cough, and throw up all at the same time... in the mean time, she's not breathing and turning a whole new shade of red!! Jake's asleep, Ava's choking, and I'm freaking out!! So I call 911 and a freaking fire engine rolls up with 6, yes i repeat 6, hunka hunka firemen who all stroll into our house!! Everything ended up being okay and he told us she appeared to have an infection so to take her in in the morning... poor baby! So needless to say, this past week has been from hell but I'm definitely glad it's over!!! Ava's still sick but I think in the next couple of days she'll be doing much better! So is it flu season and I didn't get the memo??

0 comments:


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio