Thursday, August 28, 2008

My little trooper!!

So today is like any other Thursday... I dreadfully get out of bed around 8:15, throw on my work out clothes, slap on some extra deoderant, and brush my teeth. I roll into the kitchen and stick a piece of bread into the toaster, and then go back to get my socks. This morning, I nudged Gilbert who was still asleep and I told him I would be back in an hour. Just at that moment, I noticed on the monitor that Ava was awake. I could see her stirring and knew she wanted out. So I quickly head back to the kitchen, put some peanut butter on my toast, and wrap it in a paper towel so I can eat it on the way... As I'm going to make my way out, Gilbert mumbles in his whiny voice "pleasee... pleaseeeeeeeee... can you just bring her to me??? c'mon, I'd do it for you!!"... UGH. So I go into Ava's room, which I didn't want to do because she gets SO excited to see mommy and that means 10 more minutes at home... So it's 8:40 and I quietly go into her room where of course she is just absolutely ecstatic to see me. And what do I notice?? Some funny spots on her cheek but I think nothing of it... They are probably just marks from her blanket. So I open her shutters and I see RED!! Red spots and splotches all over her little body!! But little miss Ava is in the best mood!! So off we went to Kaiser where they ask all about her diet and it turns out she is allergic to strawberries and she is covered in hives... Basically we can try to introduce them again when she turns 3 but as for now, no strawberries for Ava!! Although she is feeling well, she just looks a little pathetic so I took some pics!!

Her poor face was covered!!








But my girl was still smiling!! :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ohhh...the same thing happened to my sister when she was little! She grew out of it, hope Ava does too! So.damn.cute!

Momo said...

Aww poor lil Ava. Aidan looked the same way when we found out he was allergic to cinnamon. Still hasn't grown out of it but hopefully soon.


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio