Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lazy Sundays...

I love Sundays... there's nothing "extra special" about them because the husband has to work, but I just like the vibe. Most of our neighborhood bbq's and it makes our house smell de-lish... we always go out back and do bubbles while the infant points out every single bird she can find. We look at planes that fly by overhead and talk about where they could be going. The conversation normally goes something like this:

me: "hey jakey, is that plane going to Argentina or Panama?"
jake: "noooooo. the zoo."

or

me: "hey jakey, is that plane going to Florida?"
jake: "nooooooo mama. See Buzzy." (which means Disneyland for those of you who don't speak jake-lish)

He's a character alright.

A few days ago he informed me that the baby in Mommy's belly is named... wait for it... "Baby Bob". I really can't complain because last week his name was "pencil". It's a step up if you ask me. It's just strange when he lifts up my shirt and says "ooooooh baby bobby. hi baby bobby!!". I suppose it all stemmed from his obsession with Spongebob. One night he couldn't find him and he started to panic. He went from lovingly calling out "Puuuuuuudge baaaaawb" to adamently yelling "Oh bobby!!!!!!". It was hysterical. He sounds British when he does it for some reason. Honestly, when it comes to Jake, we don't ask a lot of questions. It's just 'him'.

Ava is doing well. Generally speaking. She's screaming from her crib at the moment. It's 9:51 pm but she doesn't seem to think that "bedtime" is "her thing" lately. She's a lot like me... she makes up the rules as she goes along.

So, in shopping news... I did it. Something I haven't done in years: I bought a swimsuit!! I've been DREADING swimsuit shopping for weeks but I finally decided today was the day. We are going to San Diego on June 8 for the husbands vaca and I needed something to wear in the pool. I suppose when you're pregnant, people aren't as harsh so I got this badboy from Liz Lange at Target online:



Man, let me tell you, maternity suits are EXPENSIVE!!!!! Some of the ones I saw online were easily $99.99 and up!! Now mama knows we can't be spending that much on a darn suit!!! On this one, at least the price was right! ($21.99 for the tank and $19.99 for the briefs) Gotta love Target!! I also found this suit that I really like for the infant at Gymboree:


And you can't leave out accessories!!!

But there's a problem. All three items cost $50 big ones. I just don't know if summerwear for one kid is worth $50!! Of course I'm completely rationalizing it in my head... we rarely take vacations... she'll look SOOOO CUTE.... we'd easily spend that on food, may as well be something she can wear... she'll look SOOOO CUTE... ugh.
We are going to Ontario Mills tomorrow to hit the Gymboree, Baby Gap, and Osh Kosh outlets so I'm going to wait and hopefully make my $50 go a lot farther than 3 items that aren't even technically an outfit!! lol
baby girls are SO EXPENSIVE!!!!! Ooooohhhh but they sure are fun!!!
Goodnight Bloggies
xoxo

2 comments:

Sara said...

girl I have to give you props for buying a bathing suit!! I wouldnt show the world my legs right now for my weight in gold...lol I have been wearing Zee's board shorts and a wifebeater/sports bra combo when I go swimming...dead sexy!! :)

Alessandra said...

oooooh sara im not too happy about it, but our last vaca was to the river (i was pregnant with ava) and i wore shorts and a tank and i was SO uncomfortable!!! my tank was getting all stretched out and i looked busted (think ALL DAY out on the river) so this time i just said f it... wish me luck sister!!! lol


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio