Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cravings.

Oh good ol' pregnancy cravings have begun. Now let me clarify something: I'm not fulfilling these cravings... well, not all of them, but I am definitely wanting some things I didn't necessarily want before. Such as: Jack in the Box jalapeno poppers, frozen yogurt topped with Butterfingers, and some old fashioned Mini Wheats. I've never been a HUGE cereal girl but for some reason, dairy and salt gets me every time. I cannot get enough bread/cheese items such as quesadillas, grilled cheese sammies, and crackers and cheese. Yum. I'm also not normally a big milk girl, but cold cereal has my heart right now. I suppose it could be a whole lot worse, but the scale will not be my friend if I continue. I got on this morning and while I haven't gained, I haven't lost either. I've decided that I'm not going to really worry about losing, but I'm really going to try and keep my gain to around 20 lbs or so. If I get to 30, I won't completely lose it, but I'm REALLY going to try not not let it go beyond that. Anything more is just ridiculousness. Unnecessary ridiculousness.

So yesterday was the MIL's bday and the husband had to work so we celebrated today. We all met at the Olive Garden at noon and it was absolutely delish. We started with stuffed mushrooms and I had salad with ranch (i loathe italian), breadsticks, and then got a ravioli to split with the toddler and the infant. I have to say, everything was a major hit!! The only negative thing I have to say about Olive Garden is that their food is REALLY rich so it held me over for the entire night!! The husband and the brother-in-law and I went to the movies tonight, and we were craving a little something to take with us so we swung by Pinkberry. I got the pomegranate topped with strawberries and chocolate chips. (don't ask) I'd never been there before but it's pretty low in calores (1 point for a small- can't beat that!!) I have to say it really wasn't all that!! I mean, yes, I finished it, but I probably wouldn't go there again! It's kind of expensive too. Anyway, so we got to the movies and decided to see The Day the Earth Stood Still with Keanu Reeves. It sucked some major donkey balls.

We got home and rested for a little bit and then all headed out to Target just to get the kiddies out of the house for a little while. I have to say it was the cheapest trip I think I've ever taken to Target!! We got a couple of items that we needed like some batteries for the swing (for Abby), 2 pair of sweats for the toddler which were $2.67 a piece (!!!), a new knife that was on clearance for $4.87 (!!!), and a few odd ball items. I think we left paying like 12 bucks out of pocket!! Seriously, that's a record for me.

Anyway, I hope all of you had a great New Years Day and now that the holidays are officially over, it's time to get back on the wagon of healthy living!!!

xoxo

1 comments:

Tami said...

I am so glad to be back and blogging. I've been quietly following your blog during my 2 month vacation and I love how you have Flashback Friday and wordless Wednesdays, if you don't mind I would love to steal the idea. I also wanted to say congrats on the baby! I can't wait to hear about the joys of pregnancy, it will sure bring back some memories!


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio