Saturday, January 10, 2009

I know, I know.

I've been majorly slackin' these days... but I have good reason!
The other night, the infant was crying for a bottle at 2:30 in the morning so the husband went in to give it to her. He was stopped dead in his tracks by the aroma of vomit. When he went to her crib, she was covered. Her hair, her face, her jammies, her blankies, piggy... covered. It was so sad. She was crying and had a fever. He came into our room and woke me up to bathe her while he cleaned her room. As soon as the toddler heard the bathtub, he was awake. He made his way into the bathroom with his eyes still half closed and wanted in the bath too. When I removed his jammies, I could immediately feel that he had a fever as well! So both were in the bath at 3:00am. It was terrible. So then we put the kiddies back down and all was silent. For about 10 minutes. Ava quickly became hysterical again and wanted to be held. I went this time. As soon as I picked her up, her body went limp and she was out. I put her back down, and she was still asleep. I made it back to bed and just as I started to fall asleep, there she went again. Hysteria. It was the husbands turn. So he went and picked her up and she fell asleep. He put her back down and she stayed. Ten minutes later, again. You get the drill. Until 4:30am. The husband actually fell asleep on the couch with her on his chest. The only reason he didn't stay like that was because he snores and kept waking her up. Finally at 4:30, he got her to stay in her crib with the help of a healthy dosage of Tylenol.
By 7:30, they were ready to rock and roll. No one was in a good mood. So after 2 days of fevers and Tylenol, everything was looking up. Until yesterday. Jake woke up in the morning whining. Gilbert and I were still in bed. Jake walked to Gilberts side of the bed and was talking in his face while Gilberts eyes were still closed. "Dada, Dada, Dada, hblllakldjfdjf". (im not sure how to type a big hurl of barf exiting Jakes mouth in Gilberts face) Now that was sad. I'm not sure who it was sadder for, but my God it sure was sad. And gross. I was grateful to be the parent less favored that morning. So he got the bug. And all the while, the husband has had a cold and I have been sicker than a dog with morning sickness.
Gotta love growing a baby!
Other than that, nothin' much else has been new! I'll update as soon as something decent comes to mind!

2 comments:

Kinsie said...

OH MY GOSH! that's horrible...I hate having pukey kids! And poor Gilbert--I can't think of much else more disgusting than that! I have to admit though, the shock of it made me laugh a little...hopefully you'll look back on it one day and chuckle too...
I hope you all start feeling better soon!

Tami said...

I hope everything is going better over there. Sounds like the week were having. Addie has RSV, plus an ear infection, diarrea and her two top teeth are coming in. It breaks your heart seeing them sick like that!

Tami


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio