so today I got to celebrate my official 50 pound loss! :)
{51.8 to be exact}
it was pretty exciting because everyone there is genuinely happy for you.
there is no judgment, no sarcasm, no {secret} hope of failure.
everyone there really wants everyone else to do well and I find that so...
inspiring
she {tanya- the leader} asked me to tell the group what has been my ticket to success
and I said:
"i joined. i follow the program. i don't stop coming to meetings."
that's it.
there's no no pill, no drink, no secret club...
i sign up every single day and i do the work. period.
i am not saying all of this to boast or brag... believe me.
i am saying all of this so that hopefully i can inspire {at least} one person to do better.
to eat better. to exercise more. to live a healthier life.
do it for your kids. do it for your marriage. do it for yourself!
it took me a long time to look myself in the mirror and decide that i was worth it.
worth the sweaty workouts, worth the hassle, worth the $39.95/month
yes, sometimes i have mothers guilt.
yes, sometimes i don't want to workout.
yes, sometimes i want to go through a drive thru.
{51.8 to be exact}
it was pretty exciting because everyone there is genuinely happy for you.
there is no judgment, no sarcasm, no {secret} hope of failure.
everyone there really wants everyone else to do well and I find that so...
inspiring
she {tanya- the leader} asked me to tell the group what has been my ticket to success
and I said:
"i joined. i follow the program. i don't stop coming to meetings."
that's it.
there's no no pill, no drink, no secret club...
i sign up every single day and i do the work. period.
i am not saying all of this to boast or brag... believe me.
i am saying all of this so that hopefully i can inspire {at least} one person to do better.
to eat better. to exercise more. to live a healthier life.
do it for your kids. do it for your marriage. do it for yourself!
it took me a long time to look myself in the mirror and decide that i was worth it.
worth the sweaty workouts, worth the hassle, worth the $39.95/month
yes, sometimes i have mothers guilt.
yes, sometimes i don't want to workout.
yes, sometimes i want to go through a drive thru.
but the most important thing is that i don't give up. i keep on keepin' on...
and so can you!! :)
{grin}
a friend said:
if you buy a carton of eggs and you drop one, you don't throw the rest of the eggs away...
you get rid of the one you dropped and you move on.
it's the same exact thing if you have a day or a meal where you screw up.
you move on
you don't waste the rest of the day or week and start again on Monday.
you track your screw up, and you move on.
anyhoo...
i added some "before pics" to my blog if you click on the button under the elephants
it says:
weight loss stats/before pics
{kinda' scary but totally worth it if it helps someone decide that they too can make a change!}
and if you're reading,
leave a comment so i know who you are! :)
xoxo
and so can you!! :)
{grin}
a friend said:
if you buy a carton of eggs and you drop one, you don't throw the rest of the eggs away...
you get rid of the one you dropped and you move on.
it's the same exact thing if you have a day or a meal where you screw up.
you move on
you don't waste the rest of the day or week and start again on Monday.
you track your screw up, and you move on.
anyhoo...
i added some "before pics" to my blog if you click on the button under the elephants
it says:
weight loss stats/before pics
{kinda' scary but totally worth it if it helps someone decide that they too can make a change!}
and if you're reading,
leave a comment so i know who you are! :)
xoxo


6 comments:
I am truly inspired by you Alexi! Whenever I see you post about a loss or a workout, it makes me want to shift priorities so that I can put working out and eating better to the top of my list...and I have!! I have been writing down EVERYTHING I eat and including calories and other NV's so that I can spot my weaknesses and correct them. I have also been finding at least 30 mins a day to do some cardio. I have a goal and I am going to reach it! So very proud of you for reaching yours!! You look awesome!
Awesome job! Congrats on 50 :)
Lexi Girl! You look amazingly beautiful as always! You're very inspiring i must say and love reading about you and your family!!!
Great Job!!
xoxo
Chakalak
(loretta)..hehehe
thanks ladies, i'm so lucky to have you girls as friends! :)
so proud of you!!!!
I can not believe it!! You seriously rock!! Great job!! I can't wait to see the after pics! :)
Post a Comment