... was a long yet amazing day!! We all woke up around 8:30 and the husband had to head out the door to run some errands (haircut, cleaners, etc)... I changed the kids, fed em' breakfast, brewed myself a cup, and straightened up the house. When Gilbert got back, I headed out the door to vote! That took about 10 minutes, I got gas, and headed to the gym. I needed it today. This election has had me kind of... stressed. Sounds nutty but it's true. I did 35 minutes on the treadmill and 5 on the elliptical. (That thing is harder than I remember!! lol) I finished with an arm workout using the machines and a quick ab routine and I was out the door. For some reason, today I was STARVING!! I got home and made my favorite lunch... 2 wheat tortillas (3points), 1 laughing cow wedge (1point), spinach (0), and chicken (3), with salsa on the side. Oh yeah, and I had a pear with it too. YUM! The kids napped and I wanted to too, but that unfortunately didn't happen. Everyone says working out gives you energy, but I always find that I just get really tired! With the infant taking 2 naps and the toddler taking 1, they are never down at the same time. It's kinda sucky but I know it's temporary, so I'm trying to really enjoy the alone time with each of them. I had a DELICIOUS snack of 1/2 cup of milk (1.5 points), topped with a half of a banana (split w/jake), 2/3 cup of Cinnamon puffins (1point), a handful of pomegranate (1point), and a pinch of splenda. It was SO good it was hard to stop. Not to mention it's only 3.5 points!! For dinner, the toddler helped me make pizza!!! I had some whole wheat pizza dough and some mushrooms I needed to use. I just got some turkey pepperoni so I made 1/2 just cheese for the kids, and 1/2 as a "supreme" topped with veggies and spinach. Let me tell you: every single thing I ate today was totally healthy and absolutely divine. I'm really enjoying eating healthy. I never thought I would enjoy it, but I feel so much better!! Anyway, the kiddies are down and I'm going to get my 1 point fudge bar to finish off the night. It's time to turn off the election stuff and catch up on something serious: The Hills!!
Btw: Obama won and his acceptance speech was absolutely PERFECT. I cried through most of it but overall I felt so proud. Proud to have him as our next president, proud that I voted, and proud to be an American. Now, canigetawhootwhoot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, on to the good stuff:
THIS is my all-time favorite snack!!!

And here's the 1/2 cheese (for the toddler) and 1/2 supreme homemade healthy pizza (and not to mention 1/2 gone!!):

It was definitely a hit with the little ones and the husband!!!


Even with only 4 teeth, Miss Ava did pretty well!!

Maybe I'm a total nerd but I had to pause the DVR and have the kiddies take a picture when Obama won!!!!! Hey, they'll appreciate it when they're older!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment