I
despise the dentist... there are a few things I really can't stand in this world and some examples are the garage when the door is closed, thunder and lightening when Gilbert isn't home, earthquakes, spiders, and the dentist (just to name a few)!! I tried to go to the dentist in 2005 but they told me they couldn't do x-rays because I was pregnant with Jakey... So I said "Oh no! Ok, I'll come back later then" and turned and walked to my car with a ginormous smile because I was in the clear! So after Jake was born, I kept telling myself to make a dentist appt. but the days passed and before I knew it we were pregnant again!! So to make a long story short, I finally went this past week... Oh and what a shocker!! 4 cavities, 2 fillings that need to be replaced, and I need a "deep cleaning" as opposed to a regular cleaning. Yay. You want to know the best part???? The f'ing "deep cleaning" is $208 per quadrant... Yes mathmeticians, per quadrant. That means $208 times 4. $832.00. $832.00!!!! Who has $832.00 to spend on getting your teeth cleaned?!?!?! So then I say, "ok well my insurance is Delta Dental so can you check and see what portion they cover?", thinking I'll owe like $50.... Boy oh boy was I WRONG!! They cover $56 per quadrant... UGH. So basically I owe $152 per quadrant. So after a LONG conversation with the manager of the dentist, she agrees to do my entire cleaning for $214... After calling around, I came to the conclusion that $214 was a fantastic price and went ahead with it. So basically I'm $214 in the hole and still have 4 f'ing cavities and 2 shitty fillings. Delta Dental sucks!!
2 comments:
Ohhh...that sucks!! When I was prego with Mackenzi I did the same thing....then I finally went when I was about 4 months prego with the boys (without the xrays of course). Boy did that first cleaning HURT!!! Good luck!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the dentist!!! I actually have my 6 month checkup next week!!
Post a Comment