Ok so tonight I called my mom, which is really no different than any other night. I call, we chat for a bit about typical things: the kids, the weather, our day... So we are talking and after I hang up, I start thinking about our conversation where I realize just how very absurd our conversation really is... I mean, words are exchanged, yes... but i think the meaning of what is being said is what is so absurd. I quickly realize: my mom, who my husband reminds me I am becoming more like every day, is full of "mommy-ism's"... Here are a couple of examples from tonights conversation:
1. She has asked me (quite a few times) to go to the Picture People (where we get the kids pictures taken) and print out some pictures of the kids for her. I tell her I haven't had the time but will make sure I do it before I see her next. She responds with: "Take your time"... Okay now do you really think she means "take your time???" OF COURSE NOT!!! She means "you better get your ass to that shop before I forget what my grandkids look like!". But I say ok and the conversation moves on...
2. So then we start talking about the fact that Ava will be 1 year old in November. She tells me "I want to buy Ava's dress for her 1st birthday party... That'll be my gift to her! I'll buy her the most beautiful pink party dress!!! So you pick out what you want and I'll buy it OK?" She then goes on to say "Our economy is just doing so poorly... everything is so overpriced!! And when you go shopping for Ava's dress, just remember how expensive things are these days"... Ok so "pick out what you want" is no longer "pick out what you want"... It is now "you spend more than $50 and we're going to have a problem. Do you understand me??"
Gilbert tells me all the time that now that I am a mom, I remind him so much of my mom... occasionally he'll have to throw in something like "oh that is SO something your mom would say" or "OK Jane!!"... My point is this: Maybe we are innately destined to be just like our parents!! Maybe as much as we say we won't be like them, we turn out with very distinct similarities. Not to brag, but I have the BEST parents I could have ever asked for. They are patient, kind, and loving. They are 2 people who have never failed to let me know how much they love, support, and care for me. Now that I have my own babies, it is my job to always show them how much I appreciate and love them... With that being said: I FULLY plan on using "mommy-ism's" as often or as severely as they are needed!! :)
HigherDOSE Microcurrent Body Sculptor Review
3 days ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment